Public comment is a very important part of the West Long Branch Council's proceedings. During Caucus and Council meetings, opportunities to comment occur during the OPPORTUNITY FOR ANY PERSON TO BE HEARD section of the agenda.
When addressing the Council, the Council requests that the public observe the following procedures to ensure that every citizen is treated courteously and has an opportunity to speak:
- Come forward to the podium when you speak.
- When recognized by the council, please state your name and address for the official record before directing your question or comment.
Tips for Successful Comments
Meetings run best when everyone respects common courtesy and decorum.
- Be open and honest.
- Keep your comments clear and focused.
- The council has the right to cut off discussion that is too personal, too loud, or too crude.
- Respect the views of others.
- Allow others to finish speaking before commenting.
Thank you for your involvement!